Welcome to ‘Shop Kuali Recipes’! In this ‘CNY snaccs you need’ series, filament crab stick usually made from fish paste. It is full of flavours, very crispy after fried and superb addictive.
Save this recipe to refer later and check out at our Trusted Partner, Tesco.
Want more meal planners? Check out the full listing at Shop, Cook, Eat, Repeat.
Shop Kuali Recipes is an answer to busy professionals out there looking for convenience when shopping for quality ingredients, paired with a simple yet delicious recipe. Bundled recipes chosen are meal planners designed for two persons cooking for three times a week. Cooking for more? Simply double up the recipe ingredients!
Save more by buying the meal planner series!
- 1 packet of filament crab stick
- peanut oil/blended oil
- Defrost and unwrap crab sticks packaging. Unroll and peel into thin strips.
- Set aside or put in the refrigerator to air dry for around 2 hours. (prevent oil splatters)
- Heat a deep pan/wok with oil to 160℃-170℃, distributed strips evenly on hot oil, fry in small batches. (To prevent sticking do not stir immediately, do so gently after 10-20 seconds.)
- Deep fry over medium heat until golden brown.
- Drain excess oil on the paper towel, allow them to fully cool before storing in an airtight container.