Welcome to ‘Shop Kuali Recipes’! In this ‘This is in-Kuih-dible’ series, Kuih Cara is a traditional Malaysian kuih that is very popular with the public. It is delicious and crispy on the outside, sweet soft, and slightly juicy on the inside.
Save this recipe to refer later and check out at our Trusted Partner, Tesco.
Want more meal planners? Check out the full listing at Shop, Cook, Eat, Repeat.
Shop Kuali Recipes is an answer to busy professionals out there looking for convenience when shopping for quality ingredients, paired with a simple yet delicious recipe. Bundled recipes chosen are meal planners designed for two persons cooking for three times a week. Cooking for more? Simply double up the recipe ingredients!
Save more by buying the meal planner series!
- 150 g wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp margarine
- 1 drop green food colouring
- 300 ml water
- 2 pandan leaves
- 50 ml coconut milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp oil
- 3 tbsp sugar (heaped)
- Place all the ingredients, except the oil and sugar into a blender and blitz until batter is smooth.
- Place a kuih bahulu mould on a stove over low heat, then lightly grease with oil.
- Pour the batter into the mould, filling it until it is about ¾ full.
- Cover the mould with the lid and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Lift the lid and sprinkle some sugar into the center of each kuih.
- Cover the mould again and continue cooking for another 3 minutes.
- Remove the kuih from the mould.