Welcome to ‘Shop Kuali Recipes’, proudly brought to you by Kuali and Tesco, our trusted partner.
Shop Kuali Recipes is an answer to busy professionals out there looking for convenience when shopping for quality ingredients, paired with a simple yet delicious recipe. Bundled recipes chosen are meal planners designed for two persons cooking for three times a week. Cooking for more? Simply double up the recipe ingredients!
Check out this week’s meal plan, the ‘Meh-ry’ Christmas series, 3 easy to prepare Christmas theme recipes featuring lamb!
Potato Lamb Casserole – this casserole dish is beautiful to see and comforting to eat. Impress your family and friends this Christmas with this super easy recipe.
Hearty and Comforting Lamb Stew – a hearty and comforting stew where the chunks of lamb and potatoes just melt in your mouth! Even better, this easy recipe can be prepared with just one pot!
Crispy Smashed Potatoes with Oven – these crispy smashed potatoes are a quick and easy appetizer or afternoon snack that you can prepare for gatherings!
Save this recipe to refer later and check out at our Trusted Partner, Tesco.
Want more meal planners? Check out the full listing at Shop, Cook, Eat, Repeat.
- For Potato Lamb Casserole
- 300g lamb leg, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium carrots, cubed
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3/4 large leeks (white portion only), cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1g dried rosemary
- 1g dried thyme
- 16g butter, melted
- 1g salt
- 1g pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp minced fresh parsley, 1/4 tbsp for Garnish
- 3 cups beef broth
- 500g boneless lamb cubes
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks
- 4 yukon potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp grounded black pepper
- 1 tbsp. all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp. canola oil
- Crispy Smashed Potatoes with Oven
- 12 small potatoes (about 680g)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 3 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 sprig Rosemary (optional)
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- In a pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add lamb and onion. Cook until meat is no longer pink.
- Stir in flour until well mix. Gradually add in broth. Bring to a boil and cook until thickened for around 1-2 minutes, stirring to loosen browned bits.from pan.
- Add leeks, carrots, parsley, rosemary, salt, pepper and thyme.
- Spoon into a greased 10x10inch baking tray. Cover with potato slices and brush with melted butter.
- Bake 1 hour until meat is tender and potatoes are golden.
- Sprinkle with remaining parsley and serve
- Marinate the lamb cubes with salt and black pepper for at least 20 minutes.
- Heat the canola oil in a deep pot with medium heat, then brown the lamb cubes in the pot for 3 to 4 minutes. Remove the lamb cubes and set aside.
- In the same pot, add the onions and saute for a bit. Then add in garlic and thyme, continue to saute until the onions are slightly transparent.
- Add in butter and flour. Then stir until the flour is absorbed.
- Once the butter and flour are fully dissolved and combined, pour in the beef broth.
- Lastly, add in the carrots, potatoes, and lamb cubes then bring to a simmer. Then cover and continue to boil for 60 minutes until the proteins and vegetables are tender.
- The dish is ready to serve.
- To prepare the potatoes, brush them with a toothbrush, and rinse under running water. Remove any sprouting areas as they could be poisonous.
- Fill the pot with enough water to submerge the potatoes. Pour the potatoes in and salt then brings to a boil over medium-high heat for 20 minutes or until they are easily pierced through by a fork.
- While cooking the potatoes, preheat the oven to 220°C. Drizzle some olive oil on the baking tray.
- Remove the potatoes from the pot and let cool until they are safe to handle with your hands.
- Place the potatoes over the tray, and use a fork or spatula to gently smash each potato to a height of about 3cm. (Thinner potatoes are more crispy.)
- Brush the melted butter over the potatoes and sprinkle them lightly with freshly ground black pepper. Place the rosemary on top of the potatoes.
- Roast until the potatoes are nice and golden on the edges, about 20 to 25 minutes. Sprinkle them with chopped fresh chives & parsley. Serve while hot.