Welcome to ‘Shop Kuali Recipes’, proudly brought to you by Kuali and Tesco/Lotus’s, our trusted partner.
Shop Kuali Recipes is an answer to busy professionals out there who are looking for convenience when shopping for quality ingredients that are paired with a simple yet delicious recipe. Bundled recipes chosen are designed for two persons cooking three times a week. Cooking for more? Simply double up the recipe ingredients!
Check out this week’s meal plan, the ‘Peel’ Awesome Recipe series:
Honey Orange Lassi – deliciously creamy and tangy, making it a perfect treat for a hot day.
Orange Chicken – a great alternative to your typical ketchup based sweet and sour chicken
Easy Orange Jelly – for a perfect refreshing dessert to finish off your meal
Save this recipe to refer to later and check out at our Trusted Partner, Tesco/Lotus’s.
Want more meal planners? Check out the full listing at Shop, Cook, Eat, Repeat.
- Honey Orange Lassi
- 2 nos oranges
- 3 Tbsp Honey
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 cups ice cubes
- (optional) orange zest of 2 oranges
- Orange Chicken
- Marinating the Chicken :
- 200g chicken breast or rib meat (bone removed) - cut into small cubes
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Frying Batter for the Chicken :
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp corn flour
- 1/4 tsp salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- Some oil for frying
- Orange Sauce :
- 2 nos orange (freshly squeezed juice and zest)
- 1/2 Tbsp honey
- 2 tsp corn flour
- some salt and black pepper (to taste)
- Garnish :
- 1 stalk of spring onion (chopped)
- some toasted sesame seeds
- Easy Orange Jelly
- 4 nos oranges (freshly squeezed and appoximately 250ml)
- 2-3 Tbsp Honey
- 150ml water
- 3g konnyaku powder
- Clean the oranges and squeeze out its juice
- Place all of the ingredients into a blender including the freshly squeezed orange juice and blend till smooth. Enjoy while its cold!
- Tip 1 : For a stronger orange taste, you could also blend in the zest of the two oranges used.
- Tip 2 : You could be creative by adding in some cinnamon powder for a twist or some freshly squeezed lemon juice for extra tang
- Tip 3 : Feel free to adjust the level of sweetness accordingly
- Cut the chicken meat into small cubes/pieces and marinate with the minced garlic, soy sauce, salt and black pepper. Set aside for at least 10-15 mins
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine all of the batter ingredients and mix till well combined. Transfer the marinated chicken into the batter and make sure that they're evenly coated.
- Fry them till they're golden brown, approximately 4-5 minutes (med to high heat). Once done, set aside on a kitchen towel.
- Moving on to the orange sauce, combine the freshly squeezed juice and zest, honey, corn flour and some salt and pepper in a pan. Make sure the corn flour has dissolve before turning on the heat.
- Let it simmer and once it thickens, add in the fried chicken cubes to coat.
- Serve on top of some rice and garnish with chopped spring onions and some toasted sesame seeds.
- Tip 1 : The addition of onion and capsicum would make the dish even more wholesome. Just pan fry them with some oil, before adding in the pre-combined orange sauce ingredients
- Tip 2 : Make sure that your oil is hot before deep frying the chicken pieces
- Tip 3 : Feel free to adjust the sweetness accordingly
- In a pot, combine all of the above. Mix till the konnyaku powder dissolves
- Turn on the heat and occasionally stir till it reaches to a simmer. It should slightly thicken by then.
- Then, turn off heat and transfer oven to your desired moulds and let it refrigerate for at least an hour to two. Best enjoyed while its cold!
- Tips : Feel free to adjust the level of sweetness accordingly. You could also cut these jelly into small cubes and enjoy it as a condiment in our Honey Orange Lassi recipe!