Welcome to ‘Shop Kuali Recipes’! In this ‘Pan Mee Recipes’ series, this Soup Pan Mee recipe is light and comforting to bring you back to your childhood anywhere you may be!
Save this recipe to refer to later and check out at our Trusted Partner, Tesco | Lotus’s.
Want more meal planners? Check out the full listing at Shop, Cook, Eat, Repeat.
Shop Kuali Recipes is an answer to busy professionals out there looking for convenience when shopping for quality ingredients, paired with a simple yet delicious recipe. Bundled recipes chosen are meal planners designed for two persons cooking three times a week. Cooking for more? Simply double up the recipe ingredients!
Save more by buying the meal planner series!
- 1 packet fresh pan mee
- 100g chicken meat (cut into thin slices)
- 4nos dried shitake mushrooms (soaked and sliced thinly)
- 20g dried anchovies (peeled and rinsed)
- 3nos shallots (sliced thinly)
- 1/2 packet fishballs
- 1 stalk sawi hijau or mustard greens (cut into 5cm length)
- 1 handful sweet leaves or pucuk manis
- 1/2 cup oil for frying
- 1tsp corn flour
- pinch of salt and white pepper
- adequate water to boil the noodles and condiments
- Pan Mee Soup:
- 1.5L water
- 1nos anchovy stock cube
- 1/4 tsp ground white pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt or to taste
- 1Tbsp fried shallot oil
- Marinate the chicken slices with a pinch of salt and white pepper, followed by 1tsp corn starch. Set aside.
- In a pan, heat up 1/4 cup of oil and fry the anchovies till crispy and golden brown. Discard and drain excess oil before setting aside.
- Heat up the same pan with another 1/4 cup oil and fry the sliced shallots till golden brown. Transfer both the oil and fried shallots into a bowl and set aside
- Moving on to the soup, boil 1.5 liters of water. Add in the anchovy stock cube, followed by 1/4tsp of salt and white pepper. Let it boil on low flame.
- While the broth is boiling, cook the pan mee noodles, marinated chicken meat, sliced shitake mushrooms, followed by the fishballs, sawi, and pucuk manis. Drain excess water and transfer over to a bowl.
- Pour the anchovy broth into the bowl of cooked noodles and condiments. Serve with the fried anchovies, shallots and a Tbsp of the fried shallot oil from earlier. Enjoy!