Welcome to ‘Shop Kuali Recipes’! In this “Soup-er Delicious” series, tom yam soup is one of Malaysian’s favorite soup that helps to stimulate appetite in this hot weather.
Save this recipe to refer later and check out at our Trusted Partner, Tesco.
Want more meal planners? Check out the full listing at Shop, Cook, Eat, Repeat.
Shop Kuali Recipes is an answer to busy professionals out there looking for convenience when shopping for quality ingredients, paired with a simple yet delicious recipe. Bundled recipes chosen are meal planners designed for two persons cooking for three times a week. Cooking for more? Simply double up the recipe ingredients!
Save more by buying the meal planner series!
- 8 Prawns (shelled, but shells to keep for boiling the stock)
- cod fish (chunks)
- golden mushrooms
- 1 can of straw mushrooms
- Soup Base
- 2 lemongrass (cut into lengths of approx 6cm, bruised)
- lengkuas (approx 3 inches, cut into 5 "chunks")
- lime leaves (10 leaves, torn)
- 3 chilli padi, broken
- 3 coriander roots (keep the leaves for garnish)
- 2 tomatoes, quartered
- 3 limes, for juice
- 1-2 cubes of maggi stock (i use tom yam or chicken)
- fish sauce (1/3 cup)
- Boil the prawn shells in water for approx 15 min.
- Add all (A) ingredients into the stock and boil. Add stock cube, salt and fish sauce to taste.
- Simmer over low heat for 40 min.
- Add mushrooms, prawns and fish to soup, 5 min before serving.
- Add lime juice to taste.