Welcome to ‘Shop Kuali Recipes’! In this ‘Baked With Pandan’ series, this Two Layer Pandan Cake is the fusion of the best of both worlds, tastes like Pandan Layer Cake while looking like Kuih Talam.
Save this recipe to refer to later and check out at our Trusted Partner, Tesco | Lotus’s.
Want more meal planners? Check out the full listing at Shop, Cook, Eat, Repeat.
Shop Kuali Recipes is an answer to busy professionals out there looking for convenience when shopping for quality ingredients, paired with a simple yet delicious recipe. Bundled recipes chosen are meal planners designed for two persons cooking three times a week. Cooking for more? Simply double up the recipe ingredients!
Save more by buying the meal planner series!
- Vanilla Sponge (A)
- 70g milk
- 5nos egg yolks
- 60g melted butter
- 3g vanilla essence
- 80g cake flour
- 2g baking powder
- Vanilla Sponge (B)
- 5nos egg white
- 100g castor sugar
- 2g salt
- Pandan Jelly Layer
- 300g water
- 150g thick coconut milk
- 50g sugar
- 1g salt
- 30g corn flour
- 3g konyaku jelly powder
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients in (A) till well combined and set aside
- Meanwhile, beat the egg whites. Gradually add the sugar and salt when the egg white starts to foam. Stop once it reaches stiff peak.
- Incorporate 1/4 of the meringue into mixture (A) to lighten before gently folding it back into the rest of meringue.
- Once the mixture is well combined, transfer over to a lined cake tin (7x7 inch) to bake for 180 deg C for 20-25 minutes or till skewer comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool for at least 20-30 minutes before removing from cake tin. Line the cake tin with cling wrap and place the cake in, upside down.
- For the pandan jelly layer, combine all the ingredients into a pot and whisk till well combined.
- Turn on flame and bring it to a boil. It should gradually thicken and becomes paste like.
- Transfer the pandan jelly onto the cake and let it cool for 20-30 minutes before further chilling in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- To serve, use a clean knife to slice and enjoy with a cup of tea!