This recipe is best with
- 500gm flour
- 250gm margarine or butter(soft)
- 3 tbsp cold water (approx)
- Pinch of salt
- Sieve the flour and salt into a mixing bowl.
- Rub the fat in to a sandy mixture.
- Make a well in the centre and add the cold water.
- The paste should be fairly firm. Add more water if necessary to bind the mixture.
- Try not to over work the pastry.
- Leave in a refrigerator to cool and to soften.
- Roll the pastry out to about 5cm using a rolling pin for the recipes.
- To avoid the pastry sticking to the table surface or to the rolling pin, sprinkle both sides of the dough generously with flour.