Simple delicious shortbread recipe
- 225g butter
- 100g sugar
- A pinch of salt
- castor sugar for dusting
- 225g plain + 100 gm rice flour (sieve together)
- Cream sugar with butter till light & fluffy.
- Fold in sifted flours into the creamed mixture & beat well.
- Shape the dough into an oblong shape about 2" height by 12" length. Leave it in the refrigerator overnight.
- Cut 1/2" thick & prick the dough with a fork gently. Sprinkle with castor sugar.
- Place the cut pieces on a greased baking sheet and bake at 150 degrees C for 20 mins.