This recipe is best with
- 500g high ratio flour
- 300g butter (unsalted)
- 5g salt
- 200g icing sugar
- 10g baking powder
- 30g whipping cream
- 6g vanilla essence
- With a paddle, mix butter, salt and sugar on high speed for 10 minutes until fluffy.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl. Add whipping cream and flavour. Mix on medium speed for 5 minutes.
- Add premixed dry ingredients and add on slow speed for 1 minute until well blended.
- Roll out dough to 8 mm thick between 2 plastic sheets and cut with finger cutter or a 10 cm round cutter. For small cookies, roll dough to 5 mm thick and cut with 4 cm cutter.
- With a thin skewer prick holes all over to allow steam to escape.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 180 °C or 150 °C in a convection oven, making sure the top doesn't brown too much.