- 1 litre fresh chicken stock
- 100g chicken fillet, shredded
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp corn flour
- 125g bittergourd
- 50g enoki mushrooms, ends trimmed
- 3 dried shitake mushrooms, soaked and shredded
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp sugar or to taste
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp sesame oil
- Bring stock to a boil in a saucepan and put in the chicken fillet and shitake mushrooms. Allow to boil for 56 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to the boil again before lowering heat to simmer until the meat is tender.
- Add a little more water if necessary. Adjust soup to taste when adding seasoning.