I made this Hong Kong style egg tarts at home during Malaysia’s MCO (movement control order), it turns out quite delicious! You can try it too!
This recipe is best with
To make egg tart pastry
- In a mixing bowl, whisk butter, egg yolk, egg white, and sugar until creamy. Then sift the flour into the egg mixture. Mix well with a spatula to form a dough.
- Knead the dough for 2 minutes, wrap and keep it in the fridge for 15 minutes to make it easier to handle.
- Brush your egg tart mould or baking tray with butter, then potion the dough and press to form egg tart pastry shape.
To make egg tart filling
- Dissolve the sugar in the hot water and let it cool.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the egg with milk and a pinch of salt, then add in the sugar water. Mix well.
- Sift 2 to 3 times to remove any bubble before pouring into the tarts.
To make egg tart
- Bake the tarts in a preheated oven for about 25 minutes at 190°C
You may also like