- Heat oil in a pot over low flame and fry the onions, ginger, garlic, dried and fresh chilli and the curry leaves.
- When the onions have wilted, add the spinach, salt, cumin, fennel and coriander powder and water, and let it cook, stirring occasionally.
- When the spinach is completely cooked and almost dry, remove from heat and whisk or stir vigorously to form a smooth thick creamy consistency.
- Sprinkle with crushed black pepper just before serving.
- Note: You can add butter or ghee instead of oil to sauté your ingredients. You will be surprised with the results. The taste is totally different.
- You can also add cream, full or low fat for a richer taste.
You may also like