- Line a 35cm square baking tray with greaseproof paper. Preheat oven at 220°C.
- Sift plain flour and cornflour together. Whisk eggs in a mixing bowl for a minute. Add castor sugar and continue to whisk until thick, pale and fluffy.
- Add sifted dry ingredients and fold in lightly then stir in hot milk. Add melted butter and mix lightly.
- Pour mixture into prepared tray and bake for 12-15 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Turn sponge out onto a clean tea-towel that has been sprinkled with icing sugar. Remove the lining paper and spread with warm jam of your choice. Roll up carefully.
You may also like