Looking to put an Asian twist on salmon? Here’s a slow-cooked Salmon with konbu, soy glaze and mixed herbs.
This recipe is courtesy of Chef Jimmy Chok, who is with the Norwegian Seafood Council.
- 600 g Salmon fillet
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 60 g marinated konbu (kelp)
- 100 ml soy sauce
- 100 ml mirin
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- For the garnish:
- Bunch of mix herbs (dill, chives, chervil)
- 4 cherry tomatoes (wedged)
- Make soy glaze by heating soy, mirin and sugar together, add corn flour to thicken.
- Rub salmon with olive oil and place on a tray.
- Set oven at 55 degrees Celcius and cook the salmon for about 45 minutes.
- Once done, remove from oven and place on serving plate
- Drizzle soy glaze over fish and top with konbu.
- Finally, garnish with herbs and cherry tomato.