This recipe is best with
- SMOKY GOUDA CHEESE SAUCE
- 1/2 big yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp Anchor Unsalted Butter
- 1 1/2 tsp smoked paprika (3.5g)
- 250g Anchor UHT Extra Yield Cooking Cream
- 100g Mainland Gouda Block, grated
- Salt & black pepper to taste
- TO ASSEMBLE BURGER
- 4 pcs fresh burger patties (200g-220g)
- 6 tbsp Anchor Unsalted Butter
- 4 pcs burger buns
- Lettuce as needed
- Tomato, sliced as needed
- Gherkins, sliced as needed
- Melt Anchor Unsalted Butter in a saucepot on medium heat, sauté onion and garlic until soft but not brown. Add smoked paprika and cook, stir frequently until fragrant, about 20 - 30 sec. *smokiness depends on the brand of paprika, adjust accordingly.
- Stir in Anchor Extra Yield Cooking Cream and bring it to nearly simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low and add grated Mainland Gouda Cheese. Using a spatula or whisk, stir until all cheese are completely melted, about 3 - 4 mins, do not allow the sauce to boil. Season to taste.
- Remove from heat and hold warm, or quick chill and store in chiller until needed.
- Leave the burger patties in room temperature for about 10 mins before cooking.
- Season both sides with salt and black pepper. Pan seared in hot pan with some cooking oil, 2 mins each side for medium or 5 mins each side for well done. Remove burger to a plate, on each cooked burger, spread 1 tbsp Anchor Unsalted Butter and allow burgers to rest.
- While the burger is resting, slice buns in half and toast them lightly golden brown. Top the base with lettuce, tomato, gherkin, burger, smoky gouda cheese sauce lastly the bun. Enjoy!