- Soda Bread Bun
- 250g plain flour
- 1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 3/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 15g butter
- 160ml milk
- Combine sifted dry ingredients with salt and sugar in a mixing bowl. Rub in butter and mix until crumbly. Pour in milk and mix into a soft dough.
- Divide dough into five equal portions. Roll each portion into a round ball. Lightly dust the balls with flour.
- Arrange the balls of dough on a lightly greased baking tray. Lightly press the top and make a cross with a sharp knife. Dust lightly with flour again.
- Bake in a preheated 190°C oven for 35 minutes.