This recipe is best with
- Garlic Bread
- 80g softened butter
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tbsp chopped parsley (optional)
- 1 baguette
- Mushroom Soup
- 75g butter
- 50g plain flour
- 475ml chicken stock
- 475ml UHT milk
- 300g Gunung Jerai shiitake mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1/2-1 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 150ml whipping cream
- 15g (extra) Gunung Jerai shiitake mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- Melt butter in a saucepan over a very low heat. Once the butter melts, stir in flour. Cook for about 10-15 seconds, stirring continuously. Add in fresh chicken stock gradually and pour in milk. Bring to a boil over a moderate heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add the mushrooms, garlic and seasoning. Reduce the heat and simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Remove the soup and allow to cool slightly. Purée in a food processor.
- Return soup to the saucepan and stir in whipping cream. Cook over a gentle heat. Add in the chopped mushrooms and adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Once bubbles appear on the surface of the soup, remove saucepan from flame. Pour soup into individual soup bowls and serve immediately with the garlic bread.