- 9 oz (250g) pork spareribs
- 1 tsp scallions, chopped, white parts only
- 5 tsp vegetable oil
- 1/8 tsp rice wine
- 3/4 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp MSG or Sugar
- 1/2 tsp fresh ginger, chopped
- Wash the spareribs and chop into 1 inch by 2 inch (3cm X 5 cm) pieces.
- Heat the oil in a work over high heat until the oil surface ripples. Add the spareribs and stir-fry for 10 minutes, or until the ribs turn a lighter color and give off most of their juices. Place in a heavy casserole with the salt and ginger.
- Add 2 1/2 cups (600 ml) of water, cover and bring to a boil. Boil for 2 hours over high heat, replenishing the water if necessary. Add the MSG and scallions. Turn down the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove and serve.