- Prepare the wasabi mayonnaise by whisking the egg yolk, wasabi powder and vinegar together.
- Pour in the peanut oil gradually, whisking until the mixture thickens. Add the sugar syrup, mix well and keep aside.
- Clean and trim the fish, removing any bones. Try to remove the clear outer membrane but leave on the skin.
- Sprinkle the fish on both sides with salt and sugar and lay, skin side down, in a dish. Marinate in the fridge for two hours.
- Combine the vinegar, sake and mirin and sprinkle over the fish. Leave to marinate for at least one more hour.
- To serve, slice the fillets at an angle diagonally and serve three slices per person.
- Cut each slice of avocado in two and fan out on the plates, adding a tablespoon of mayonnaise.
- Garnish if you like, with a little shredded wakame seaweed.
You may also like