- Soak mushrooms in 1 cup water overnight. Strain mushroom and retain mushroom infusion.
- Marinate chicken with light soy sauce and pepper, and leave aside for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil and sesame oil in wok, and sauté ginger, garlic, bean paste, cloves, star anise and cinnamon stick until fragrant.
- Add in chicken and mushrooms and toss until chicken changes colour. Add mushroom infusion and bring to a boil.
- Pour in combined sauce ingredients and coat in the sauce. Add 2 cups water and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer over low heat for 20-25 minutes.
- Add in bamboo shoots and baby potatoes. Thicken with cornstarch mixture and serve with steamed rice.
You may also like