A classic dish in Italian cuisine, this recipe will delight your family and friends with its rich flavours.
The highlight of this dish is the crispy beef bacon and the button mushrooms accompanied with the deliciously rich pasta sauce.
This recipe is brought to you by Prego. For more info, go to www.prego123.com.my/.
- 250g PREGO® Spaghetti, cooked and drained*
- 2can/1 jar PREGO® Tomato, Basil & Garlic Pasta Sauce
- 200g beef bacon strips, sliced
- 4tbsp olive oil
- 6cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 red onions, sliced
- 100g button mushrooms, sliced
- handful fresh basil, sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sauté beef bacon in olive oil over high heat until slightly crispy, add onions, garlic and mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add PREGO® Tomato, Basil & Garlic pasta sauce into the pan and stir. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer sauce for 4-5 minutes.
- Finish sauce with sliced fresh basil leaves. Serve sauce over the cooked spaghetti.
- *To cook the pasta, bring water to a boil before adding in the uncooked pasta. Cook pasta for 8-10 al dente. Then remove from water and drain the pasta.