If you’re a lover of prawns and pasta, this dish is for you. Although this dish is usually cooked with lobster, it can easily be swapped with prawns or other seafood as an alternative if you’re not a fan of the former. When cooked just right, the prawns add some sweetness to this simple yet delicious pasta. It’s fast, it’s convenient and it’s definitely tasty.
This recipe is brought to you by Prego. For more info, go to www.prego123.com.my/.
- 250g PREGO® Spaghetticooked and drained*
- 2 can/1 jar PREGO® Tomato, Basil & Garlic Pasta Sauce
- 2 large tiger prawn or 6 medium ones (halved)
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic (sliced)
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- handful fresh basil (sliced)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a pan, sear tiger prawn until it changes color and turn red. About 3 minutes over high heat. Transfer prawn onto a plate.
- Sauté' garlic in olive oil until soft, and cook for 2 minutes, until soft and fragrant.
- Add PREGO® Tomato Basil & Garlic pasta sauce into the pan and stir. Season with salt and pepper. Add the seared prawn with the cherry tomatoes then, simmer sauce for 8 minutes.
- Finish sauce with sliced fresh basil leaves. Serve sauce over the cooked spaghetti.
- *To cook the pasta, bring water to a boil before adding in the uncooked pasta. Cook pasta for 8-10 al dente. Then remove from water and drain the pasta.