- 550g - 600g spare-ribs, chopped into 5cm lengths
- 1 litre water
- 2 tbsp chilli sauce
- 4 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp chinese rice wine
- Season spare-ribs with marinade for several hours or preferably overnight in the refrigerator.
- Put marinated spare-rib in a heavy based saucepan. Pour in water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 40-50 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Remove the spare-ribs from the sauce. Wrap in foil and bake in preheated oven at 200°C for 10 to 15 minutes. Serve immediately.