- Cook rice as usual. Once done, dish out rice and leave to cool. Press the cool nasi lemak into a patty and leave in the refrigerator to set. Once rice is set, pan-fry over a hot plate.
- Season chicken pieces with marinade and sauce ingredients for several hours.
- Coat marinated chicken with adequate potato starch and shake off any excess flour then deep-fry in hot oil till golden brown and crispy.
- Heat sesame oil in a non-stick wok to fry curry leaves, bird’s eye chillies and coarse ground black pepper. Toss and fry till fragrant.
- Add the pre-fried chicken chop pieces and fry till meat is well coated with the sauce. Plate up with nasi lemak.
You may also like