- Heat ghee in a pot. Sauté onion, cardamom pods, cinnamon, garlic, ginger and chilli powder until fragrant.
- Add tomatoes and tomato puree. Stir-fry for 23 minutes.
- Put in bay leaves and rice. Mix thoroughly.
- Add Tabasco sauce, chicken stock and sugar. Bring to the boil and simmer until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Cover the pot, cook over low heat for 10 minutes or in the oven for 20 minutes at 180°C (350°F).
- Garnish with toasted cashew nuts and serve with Chicken in Spicy Tomato Sauce.
You may also like