- 2 cups rice, wash and drained for about 1 hour
- 1 tbsp each assorted capsicum,s finely diced
- 2 big onions, chopped
- 1 tsp ginger, grated
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 or 2 cinnamon sticks
- 4 star anise
- 1 tsp clove, coarsley crushed
- 1 tsp cardamom, coarsley crushed
- 1/4 tsp fenne,l whole
- ghee or vegetable oil as prefered
- 4 cups water
- Heat oil in pan and fry the onions and ginger over low heat. When onions turn slightly golden, add the spices and fry till aromatic and the rice to this .
- Saute for about 2-3 mins to coat the grains. Add water to the rice and cook till done.
- Add the diced capsicum to the rice and mix well.
- This is a great way to introduce vegetable to children, plus it will be colourful and pleasing to the eye.