Ingredients is not available.
- Roast the peanuts in a dry wok until crispy. Then roast the cashew nuts in the same way.
- Heat the oil in a wok over a low fire to deep fry the anchovies until golden and crispy. Remove from oil and drain on paper towels. Set aside.
- In the remaining oil, sauté the spice paste until fragrant. Add in tamarind juice, sugar and salt to taste.
- Add sliced kaffir lime leaves and fried anchovies and nuts. Stir to mix quickly. Turn off heat, remove from wok and leave to cool before storing in glass jars. Serve as a snack or with rice.
- For more food and wine stories and recipes, pick up the latest issue of Flavours (Mar - Apr 2004), Malaysia's premier food magazine, available at major bookstores and newsstands or email firstname.lastname@example.org for subscription details.