This recipe is best with
- 500gm large prawns
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 stalks serai, very thinly sliced
- 10 cilipadi, finely chopped
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp curry leaves
- 2 egg yolks, beaten with 2 tbsp evaporated milk
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 4 tbsp butter (for frying)
- 2 tbsp oil
- 3 tbsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp ginger juice
- 1 tsp light soya sauce
- Season prawns with seasoning and marinate for at least 20 minutes.
- Fry marinated prawns in melted butter until crispy. Remove and leave aside.
- Heat oil and fry egg yolk by stirring it until it forms golden crispy strands.Remove and leave aside.
- Saute the ingredients A till fragrant with the remaining oil.Add salt & sugar.
- Sprinkle a little bit of water and continue stirring.
- Finally add fried prawns and fried egg-yolk strands.Dish out and garnish with some spring onions before serving hot.