This spicy potato salad is perfect when served with Indian cuisine, such as rice and curries. This recipe was first published in Flavours magazine.
- 500g baby potatoes
- 1tsp palm oil
- 1tbsp margarine
- 1/2tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2tsp chilli powder
- 150g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 green chillies, sliced
- 1tsp chaat masala
- fresh mint, to garnish
- Wash potatoes thoroughly and boil in salted water for 8-10 minutes (size-dependent) or until soft but firm when poked with a fork. Drain boiling water and peel potatoes or keep with skin on.
- Heat oil and margarine in a pan until margarine is fully melted. Add cumin seeds, chilli powder and boiled potatoes. Sauté the potatoes until light brown to allow for flavour absorption.
- Cool potatoes. Combine with cherry tomatoes, onion, green chillies, chaat masala and mint. Serve cold.