- 400 g medium-sized prawns with shells
- salt and pepper a little
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tbsp dried prawns rinsed and coarsely chopped
- 1 onion cut into half and sliced
- 1 stalk curry leaves
- 5 bird’s eye chillies,chopped
- Sauce (combined)
- 3 tbsp tomato sauce
- 3 tbsp chilli sauce
- 2 tbsp tomyum paste
- 2 tbsp sugar to taste
- Trim the prawn feelers. Season prawns with a little salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a wok until hot and fry the prawns until they turn a bright red – about 1 minute.
- Dish out the prawns and set aside.
- In the oil remaining in the wok, sauté the dried prawns, onion, curry leaves and chillies until fragrant. Add in sauce and stir to mix well.
- Return prawns to the wok, toss in the sauce, and remove from heat.