I love making soup, they are so easy to do yet able to satisfy all my family members. All you need to do is to put all the ingredients in a pot, add water, turn on the stove, and Wallah! The soup is done!
This Chinese spinach soup is very common among the Chinese family, all you need is some fresh Chinese spinach, ikan bilis (dried anchovies), wolfberries and water. It usually served with a bowl of steamed rice. It is soooo good!
- 1 bunch Chinese spinach
- 3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 handful of goji berries
- 1 handful of dried anchovies
- 3 soup bowls of water
- A dash of soy sauce
- A dash of white pepper
- 1 or 2 century eggs [based on own preference]
- Prepare the Chinese spinach by plucking out the leaves and thin stems. Avoid thick stems.
- In a stockpot, insert the dried anchovies in the water and bring it to boil for 15 mins to release the flavors. Then proceed to add in the goji berries and garlic.
- Add the spinach and bring the soup to boil again for 1 min. Do not boil the soup for too long or the vegetables will lost their vitamins and nutrients (The vegetable will turn yellowish as well)
- Add century egg, white pepper, and light soy sauce to taste.
- Serve the soup hot