- Sterilize your jars in hot waters for 10 mins to prevent bacteria grows inside
- Place diced pears, pineapple, lemon rind and water in a deep saucepan and bring to a low boil. Simmer for 40 to 45 minutes uncovered to evaporate the liquid until half of its portion.
- Add sugar and cook without boiling the mixture until sugar is dissolved.
- The jam might be too chunky, if you wan smoother spread, you can break down further with a potato masher.
- Bring to a boil, uncovered, for 10 to 15 minutes or when the jam jells when tested. Pour jam into warm sterilised jars or containers. Leave aside to cool then seal up.
- You can store the jam in the fridge for 4 weeks.
You may also like