- In a pan, heat the oil. Add the cubed beef together with the mixed herbs and bay leaves.
- Cook to seal the meat.
- Add the flour to brown stirring so as not to allow it to burn.
- Add the stock or water or Guinness and allow braising.
- Braise till tender before adding the mushrooms.
- Correct the seasoning and add a little Worchester Sauce.
- Pour the contents into a pie dish.
- Roll out the Short Crust Pastry to cover the top of the pie dish.
- Tuck and using your fingers, seal the pastry down to the rim of the pie dish.
- Make a few slits on the pastry to allow the steam to rise.
- Bake in a moderate oven for about 30mins or till the pastry is brown.
- Serve hot.
You may also like