- 225g butter
- 185g soft brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 4 eggs
- 275g self-raising flour, sifted
- 3 tbsp evaporated milk
- 50g raisins
- Grease and line a 20cm round cake pan.
- Beat butter, sugar and essence until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add sifted flour and stir in milk to mix. Stir in raisins lightly to combine. Transfer batter to prepared cake pan.
- Steam for 45 minutes or until cooked through when a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake, comes out clean.
- Transfer cake to a wire rack to cool for 10-15 minutes before removing it out from the tin.