- 350g chicken whole legs, chopped
- 2 tbsp preserved olive leaves
- 1 red chilli, seeded and shredded
- 10g ginger, shredded
- 1 tsp sliced shallots
- 3g Sui Sin tea leaves, steeped in 100ml boiling hot water
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- Pinch of pepper
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp cornflour
- Marinate chicken with seasoning and preserved olive leaves in a heatproof dish for about 30 minutes. Heat oil in a wok and fry shallots and ginger until fragrant and lightly browned.
- Stir shallot crisps and ginger into the marinated chicken mixture. Pour steeped tea together with the soaked tea leaves over the chicken.
- Steam over rapidly boiling water for 20 minutes.