- 1kg mud crabs, cleaned and cut into half
- 1 tbsp shredded ginger
- 1 onion, quartered
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 small can (300ml) beer
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp minced coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp chopped spring onion
- Some fresh chilli curls
- Heat sesame oil and fry ginger and onion until aromatic.
- Combine beer and egg yolk in a jug. Use a fork to beat well. Add in coriander leaves and spring onion.
- Place crab halves in a deep heatproof casserole. Pour in beer mixture.
- Steam in the wok, covered, for 12-15 minutes, over medium heat until crabs change colour or are cooked. Serve at once.