- Clean the fish and cut butterfly style. Pat dry with paper towel. Then season with salt and pepper.
- Place the fish on a heatproof plate that will fit in the wok, and place the ginger slices by the side of the fish and inside the cavity.
- Place a rack in the wok and pour water in to halfway up. Bring water to boil.
- Steam the fish on high heat for 10 to 11 minutes, or until the eyes of the fish pop out. Remove and drain the liquid that has accumulated on the plate.
- Combine the lemon sauce ingredients, stir to dissolve the sugar, and drizzle over the fish. Steam again for one to two minutes.
- Garnish with red chilli, spring onion, coriander and shallot crisps. Serve hot.
You may also like