- Combine all spice ingredients in a food processor. Blend into a fine paste. Heat oil and fry spice paste until fragrant.
- Add tamarind juice and dried tamarind skin. Sauté well, then add brinjal, lady´s fingers and tomato. Cook to a boil.
- In the meantime, steam fish for about 10 minutes or until the eyes pop out or fish is done. Pour off excess liquid that has collected on the steaming plate.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil and sauté onion until fragrant. Add this into the prepared spice sauce with the tau fu pok and stir well.
- Pour the asam sauce over the fish and serve at once.
You may also like