This is a signature Chinese dish is best paired with steamed buns, the meat is so tender and the fats will melt in your mouth!
- 1kg pork belly
- 600g yam, sliced thickly
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 shallots, chopped
- 2 pieces of fermented red bean curd (nan ru)
- 3 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- A pinch of five-spice powder
- Pepper, to taste
- Sesame oil, to taste
- Lettuce leaves
- Lightly deep-fry the sliced yam.
- Boil water in a pot. Put the meat into the water and boil for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Pat dry the meat and brush it with one tablespoon of dark soy sauce, then deep-fry it until golden brown. Slice the meat thickly.
- Heat a few tablespoons of oil in a wok and stir-fry the chopped shallots and garlic.
- Add the meat, yam and fermented red bean curd.
- Season with two tablespoons of dark soy sauce, one tablespoon of light soy sauce, one tablespoon of oyster sauce, a pinch of five-spice powder, pepper and sesame oil.
- Arrange the slices of meat and yam alternately in a bowl.
- Steam for 40 minutes.
- To serve, invert the bowl onto a serving plate lined with lettuce leaves.