- Lightly deep-fry the sliced yam.
- Boil water in a pot. Put the meat into the water and boil for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Pat dry the meat and brush it with one tablespoon of dark soy sauce, then deep-fry it until golden brown. Slice the meat thickly.
- Heat a few tablespoons of oil in a wok and stir-fry the chopped shallots and garlic.
- Add the meat, yam and fermented red bean curd.
- Season with two tablespoons of dark soy sauce, one tablespoon of light soy sauce, one tablespoon of oyster sauce, a pinch of five-spice powder, pepper and sesame oil.
- Arrange the slices of meat and yam alternately in a bowl.
- Steam for 40 minutes.
- To serve, invert the bowl onto a serving plate lined with lettuce leaves.
You may also like