- 2-3 large freshwater prawns, cleaned and halved
- 3 egg whites
- 200ml evaporated milk
- ¾ tsp salt
- dash of pepper
- A little monosodium glutamate (optional)
- 1 tsp Shao Hsing wine
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp chopped spring onion
- Arrange the halved prawns on a heat-proof dish. Sprinkle salt, pepper and monosodium glutamate over the prawns.
- Combine evaporated milk and egg white in a bowl. Beat lightly with a fork until well combined. Pour the mixture over the prawns.
- Steam over rapidly boiling water on high heat for 6-7 minutes or until prawns change colour and are cooked.
- Remove the dish and add the wine and sesame oil. Add chopped spring onions and serve immediately.