- 500g chicken, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 50g salted fish (mui heong), well rinsed and cut into small pieces
- 2 tbsp shredded young ginger
- [Marinade(A)] :
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 tbsp castor sugar
- Dash of pepper
- [Marinade(B)] :
- 1 tsp oyster sauce
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp Shao Xing Hua Tiau wine
- 1 tsp potato starch
- 3-4 tbsp water
- Mix salted fish with marinade (A) and leave aside for 10-15 minutes. Season chicken with marinade (B) for 10-15 minutes.
- Combine chicken, salted fish and shredded ginger and place on a heat proof dish.
- Steam over high heat for 20-25 minutes or until meat is cooked through.
- Serve immediately.