- Soak lotus leaf in hot water for 10 minutes, remove and rinse clean. Place lotus leaf in a deep heat-resistant bowl.
- Season ribs with marinade for at 30-40 minutes. Add cornflour to mix.
- Heat sesame oil and sauté garlic and ginger until fragrant.
- Add marinated spareribs and fry for a while.
- Pour in water and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Transfer the semi-cooked spareribs onto the lotus leaf. Wrap up neatly into a package.
- Steam over medium high heat for 35-40 minutes or until meat is cooked through.
- Remove package from the steamer; open and splash in a little Shao Hsing wine over the spareribs.
- Serve immediately.
You may also like