Steamed Stuffed Squid with Percik Sauce
Saloma Theatre Restaurant sous chef Dzulkarnain @ Jol Salleh hails from a small fishing village, hunting squid in Kuching, Sarawak and is the youngest of seven siblings.
His father was a fisherman while his mother was a housewife who taught all her children to cook.
His mother often combined several kinds of seafood, caught by his father, to create a dish including this dish which combines fish, prawn and squid.
It is easy to prepare and the ingredients are easily available. It makes a great dish for the upcoming Hari Raya celebrations.
The percik sauce has red chilli in it but it is not spicy. He also recommends garoupa or red snapper fish in place of the dory fish.
- Asian-style Braised Beef With Orange
- Fishy snack: Crispy Ikan Bilis
- Salad recipes to help use up leftover Easter eggs
- Green Tea Raisin Rolls
- Chicken Breast With Pappardelle And Creamy Spinach Sauce
- Tapioca with Sweet Potato Fries
- Buka Puasa Buffet with Aneka Rasa at Grand Hyatt Kuala Lumpur
- Roast Chicken Croquette with Tomato Chutney