- To prepare filling)
- Steam potato until soft and cooked through, then peel while still hot and mash with a fork. Add in the rest of ingredients (B) and stir in seasoning (C) to mix into a paste.
- Remove mushroom stems and add seasoning (A). Steam for 8-10 minutes. Remove, drain away excess liquid and leave aside to cool.
- Squeeze mushrooms dry, then dust with potato starch on the underside. Scoop a tablespoon of prepared filling into the mushroom.
- Use the back of a spoon to smoothen the filling. Arrange mushrooms on a steaming plate.
- Cut bittergourd into rings and remove the seeds. Stuff remaining filling into the cavity of the bittergourd until it is full. Arrange on the same plate as the stuffed mushrooms.
- Steam in a preheated steamer over high heat for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and arrange on a serving platter.
- Cook sauce (D) until it starts to boil. Pour the sauce over the steamed bittergourd and mushrooms, and serve immediately.
You may also like