- 1 kampung (village) chicken
- 2 sprigs spring onion
- 2 slices young ginger
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1/2 tsp monosodium glutamate
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp sherry
- Rub chicken with seasoning ingredients together with two sprigs of spring onions and 2 slices ginger.
- Shred some more spring onions and ginger. Mix well.
- Place chicken on a plate and steam over high heat for 20 minutes. Remove and cut chicken into small pieces. Assemble the pieces.
- Sprinkle the shredded spring onion and ginger on top.
- Heat 3 tbsp oil in a wok. Later pour this hot oil over the chicken dish.