- 70g pitted dried dates, roughly chopped
- 1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tbsp hot water
- 70g butter, softened
- 50g soft brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 65g self-raising flour
- Preheat oven to 180°C and lightly grease 6 muffin cups.
- Combine dates and bicarbonate of soda with water in a small bowl for 4-5 minutes then drain. Place butter and sugar in a mixing bowl. Beat until light and fluffy then add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Sift in flour and stir in dates.
- Fill muffin cups with batter to half full. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until cooked through when tested with a wooden skewer.