Dragon Chives have been the craze of late and yes, this family is hooked too. Try this version, where we have paired squids with dragon chives and bell peppers. Because chives have such strong natural flavours, you may consider omitting the quintessential garlic from this stir fried recipe.
Chinese cooking is all about ‘wok hei’, so the technique is to have medium to high heat, and to stir fry quickly in order to get the desired results.
- 2 whole squids (clean and slice)
- 1 pack dragon chives (around 350gms)
- 1 whole yellow bell pepper
- 4 pieces white button mushrooms, sliced
- 4 slices of ginger
- 1/4 yellow onions, chopped (optional)
- salt and pepper
- Mise en place:
- Prepare and chop all the ingredients as per the ingredient list.
- Stir frying:
- Pour some oil onto the wok and stir fry the ginger slices first, followed by the yellow onions on medium heat.
- Next, turn up to higher heat, place in the dragon chives, bell peppers and stir fry for a minute or until the vegetables are cooked.
- Finally, place in the squids and season with salt and pepper adequately. Sprinkle some water if the wok is heating up too much, and also to get some 'sauce' if you prefer.
- After mixing the seasoning, remove the dish promptly from the wok and serve!