Stop chasing after the best street food; make it at home. This recipe was first published in Amy Beh’s column, Cook’s Nook.
- 100 g taro (yam) cake (wu tau koe)cubed
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp garlic (chopped)
- 2 - 3 tbsp oil
- 30 g long beans (finely diced)
- 2 bird’s eye chillies (finely sliced)
- 1 tbsp red chilli (sliced)
- 1 tbsp green chilli (sliced)
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sugar or to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp chicken stock powder
- 1 tbsp spring onion (chopped)
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves (chopped)
- Heat the oil in a nonstick frying pan. Fry garlic until golden and fragrant. Add long beans and fry for a while.
- Push the ingredients aside and break in the eggs. Scramble the eggs and add in the taro cake cubes and bird’s eye chillies. Add seasoning and mix well.
- Sprinkle in a little water to moisten the mixture. Add red and green chillies. Toss and fry briskly. Dish out and add garnishing.