An experienced cook of over 50 years, Makcik Salmiah Isa was the private cook for the late Tunku Abdul Rahman. Makcik Salmiah shares with us a repertoire of recipes she has accumulated over the years that has touched many hearts and warmed many bellies!
With great pleasure, we share with you the fifth recipe – ‘Sayur Campur Tumis Goreng’ – from a series of 12 featuring our Trusted Brand partner, Salam Sauces.
- 1 broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 carrot , sliced into flower shape
- 1 packet sweet pea, 'string' removed from spine of pea
- 1 packet fresh Shimeji mushrooms (Shimeji or Enoki)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 red onion, minced
- 1 tsp salt, to taste
- 3 tbsp Salam Sos Berperisa Tiram
- Sauce Thickening Agent
- ½ tsp Cornstarch
- ½ cup Water
- Heat up some oil in the wok. Add in minced garlic & onion, stir fry until fragrant.
- Add in cauliflower florets & carrots and continue to cook until cauliflower starts to soften. Then add in broccoli & sweet peas & continue stirring.
- Toss in the mushrooms & spread it out for even cooking.
- Pour Sos Berperisa Tiram & some salt into the wok, continue to stir fry to incorporate & cook for another 5 minutes.
- Then add in cornstarch solution to thicken the liquid that is released from the mushrooms & vegetables & incorporate well.
- Plate & serve while hot.
- Tip: To remove the tough & fibrous “string” from snow peas pinch the curly end of the snow pea, pull it along the pod all the way to the other end until it separates from the snow pea.